Our Mission: One Million Diapers
Many agencies help families in need by providing food, shelter, and clothing. The Diaper Bank of Central Arizona is the only Diaper Bank in the Phoenix area and is committed to collecting and distributing diapers to a wide range of non-profit organizations in the Valley. By distributing diapers to non-profit organizations, our partner agencies can provide all the needed services, ranging from case management, assistance, and support to help families get back on their feet.
Some Facts and Stats:
- There are 42,000 children ages 0-3 who live in poverty here in our own backyard.
- Federal programs like SNAP (Food Stamps) and WIC do not cover diapers.
- Childcare providers require parents to have a supply of disposable diapers to accept a child for that day (even if the child qualifies for free or subsidized daycare or preschool). No diapers means no daycare which means no employment for parents.
- Some who wish to use cloth diapers do not have laundry faculties that allow for the washing of diapers, and most daycare facilities do not accept cloth diapers.
- 32% of low income families report re-using diapers in order to pay critical household expenses such as rent, utilities, and food which leads to health consequences for children.